12 June 2014

練馬区の桜台 ♡ my neighborhood

As expected, after the first row of midterm tests are over and I just have another re-exam coming up - 
yuku is a scaredy cat and fails this one written exam ALL the damn time...
 can't keep her cool if pressured too much 
- I used some non-existent spare time to finally finish editing the photos for the next JAPAN posting.

This time we'll take a closer look to the neighborhood I lived in.
Honestly, I didn't saw incredibly much of it apart from the two routes I walked every day to get to one of the two stations that were in walking distance but during my second week, when my cutie-patooty felix had settled in for a few days already, we decided to make the best out of a 'free' day and stroll around our neighborhood to take in some of the 'Japanese' flaire and enjoy the sun, fresh air and good weather.

Since we just randomly went off to 'discover' our surroundings I still don't know what the shrine we found before we made our way back is called or where it even is located.
Later, on one of my last tours, when I got another suitcase because yes - of course I had too much luggage - I took photos of the cherry trees around Sakuradai Station {桜台駅} being this the only chance I really had to capture them in Tokyo. The weather that day was rainy and a bit stormy, too but thanks to photobucket the photos still look really cute and dreamy now.
I'm sorry they are not really assorted but it's getting late here and I should head to bed, soon.


they have these really fancy designs on their manhole covers and they vary depending on the neighborhood and town. super cute 







All in all I think Nerima and Sakuradai are absolutely lovely places and I can imagine staying and living there again some day. Compared to Shinjuku for example, it seems a bit off the beaten track but that's actually really comfortable and compared to my hometown it's still really, really close.
It's always been so calm and peaceful.
Though we were out a lot and did only spend a minimum of our time at home, I was happy that we had the chance to stay in a neighborhood like that.
The people were really nice and it all seemed comfortably simple sometimes.
I'm not really good with words when it comes to that kind of things {being tired from a day right now, too}.

I realized how much I miss being there when I looked through the photos, but sometimes it can't be helped so easily, right?

Got a question? Ask in a comment below.

16 comments:

  1. All those photos looking amazing!! The neighbourhood you lived at is soooo beautifull. Thanks for sharing the pictures!! ^-^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, I really love looking at these photos again, so I killed two birds with one stone with that upload <3

      Delete
  2. Woooah! It looks so cool! :) I hope I can go there one day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous, your photos are very very beautiful ! I hope one day we can meet us in Japan ! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be great. and thanks, dear ♥

      Delete
  4. Cherry trees ♥ *-* I always wish they would be as usual here as in Japan. They are maybe the most beautiful trees in the world.

    I also love those fancy buildings : 3 My neighborhood is so lame compared to this! xD Actually here is just fields, forests and some houses :'D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they are my absolute favorites! ♥

      haha, my neighborhood is basically the same then.
      Oh, the people living in the woods, huh? :D

      Delete
    2. Some of them, yes : D I live between a forest and fields. But I think it would be better to live in the forest because the field area is so open and that's why there always blows a cold wind : |

      Delete
    3. Well, it's more of the living in the forest here then. We have some fields around but not exactly where my house is...

      Delete
  5. Die Fotos sind wunderschön! So sehen die meisten Gegenden in Animes aus, bei denen man halt ab und an denkt "Leben die eig noch in Tokyo?" XD Es sieht aus wie im Märchen und ich glaube man kann sich nicht alles merken wie zB die Namen der versch. Schreine(?) von denen es so unzählig viele gibt! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Es sieht in jeder Wohngegend, in der ich war so aus. In echt, haha.
      Ich hab auch irgendwo gelesen, dass speziell in Nerima viele bekannte Animes ihre Settings haben oder sogar entstanden sind... kein Wunder also. :)

      Delete
  6. Wunderschöne Fotos *_____* richtig toll! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Richtig toll. Deine Umgebung da hat wirklich toll ausgesehen. :) Da würde ich auch gerne mal einen Spaziergang machen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, zum Spazierengehen (und auch so) war's echt schön... obwohl direkt die Straße runter von meiner Wohnung eine Grundschule war, war's wirklich schön ruhig und einfach.. idylisch. <3

      Delete