18 September 2015

とびだせどうぶつの森 ♡ games

As probably all of my readers know by now, I'm a huge fan of cute games and extremely obsessed with the last title of the Animal Crossing series that came out back in 2013 - Animal Crossing: New Leaf. 

The original Japanese name as shown in the title is とびだせどうぶつの森 (tobidase doubutsu no mori) .
While 'doubutsu no mori' - which actually just means 'animal forest' - is the general title for the Animal Crossing series, tobidase means 'jump out!'. It sounds a bit weird at first...
However, the close relation of the infinitive of the word - which is 飛び出す (tobidasu) to the Japanese word for pop-up book 飛び出す本 (tobidasuhon)  does make a lot more sense to me. 
I like the idea of seeing all the cute towns you can create in the game as picture books and the way your town unfolds, does feel like opening such a pop-up book in some way or another. Or maybe it's just me getting poetic and dreamy...
source ♡
I restarted my town last summer [21st of June 2014] because I wasn't really happy with how my first try was and honestly - I had my head up in the maze of super cute animal crossing themed tumblr blogs by then and was determined to create my own dream town - just like a cute pop-up book. ♡ 
Actually, I have been wanting to write about this game for a long while but never really got around to do it, so when fellow blogger and Animal Crossing player y a p o [twitter ♡ blog],  asked me to do some blogging about it, I was more than happy and put it right on top of my list of postings to write after returning from my vacation.
I have thought about different ways to do this but since I invested a lot of time into the whole game and got to know all sorts of know-how on how the game works and how to achieve all different kinds of things, I thought I would make this a small series to actually cover everything I can and am motivated to talk about without posting one super long update that everyone's afraid to read because it's just too much.
So this will just be a small overview and the appeal to send me every kind of questions you have concering this game and if there is anything you always wondered - no matter if it is about villager move-outs/ins, public work projects, dreamies or even hacking. I will do my best to answer your questions and look up tutorials that I can share with you in following postings!
Last of all I want to introduce you to my animal crossing themed tumblr; fayleacrossing.tumblr.com.
I only reblog animal crossing related things - like codes to cute dreamtowns and QR codes - there and have a couple of pages added that introduce my town Faylea and its residents. Feel free to follow me or ask questions there as well.
Do you play Animal Crossing?
Tell me in a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment