31 January 2016

a month in a nutshell ♡ 2016.01

It's incredible how fast this first month of 2016 went by again already.
I'm in the middle of my exam preparations but still decided to take some time off to prepare this small résumé of the last couple of weeks here. The months in a nutshell series, that has been on my blog since 2014 is definitely one of my favorite things to do and I'm happy that I didn't abandon it yet.
It's a nice way to keep track of what has been going on in my life for myself too, especially when you seem to live from one kanji test and/or presentation to the next and don't realize where time is actually going in the midst of it all.
It's time to share some impressions and small stories from January.


January started of course with New Year's Day: after a nice breakfast with tea and marshmallow donuts at my best friend felix' and sharon's house, my boyfriend and I headed back home where I spent the first day of the year, doing the last preparations for university, since the Christmas/end-of-the-year holidays were almost over again.


My boyfriend's Christmas present arrived during the first week and we were snowed in, finally getting all the winter vibes, though I didn't really ask for the freezing cold.
It did look really pretty though, so I won't complain. The game I got - Fantasy Life - is easily one of the most addictive games I've started in a while and I definitely plan to write a few lines about it, soon. It's so much fun and I really had to get a grip of myself to not abandon my studies that ran through the whole month like a red thread.
And this actually summarizes everything I did this month: I went to university, studied for my exams (my first oral exam is tomorrow, oh snap!), went back home, prepared stuff for my term paper, played a minimum amount of FantasyLife and/or AnimalCrossing, ate, slept and pressed repeat.


I'll finally have some time to breathe and do things again around Valentine's Day, when my lecture period is finally over, and of course, I will try to keep the blog posts coming in February too, before I start my internship in March - I'm already pretty excited.
I hope you had a great start into the new year. I'd love to hear about your experiences, favorite things this month (tell me about your favorite song! I need new music to listen to!!!) and anything inbetween.

How did you spend January?
Ask in a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment